General Rules & Regulations
· All the students/scholars and outsiders entering the Library shall deposit their bags and other belongings at the entrance.
· All the readers are advised not to leave their valuables at the Check Point. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
· There will be no separate Membership card for library. ID card of the Institute will be considered as Library membership card. One should carry Library Membership card while entering into the library.
· Library is an academic area. It is always expected seating in decent, disciplined and dignified way and maintain good ambience for reading. Any type of violation like keeping legs on Chairs, Tables, Sofa, making noise, damaging and stealing of library infrastructures / Property, may lead to a disciplinary action.
· When a reader takes 'issued books' inside the library not for returning but for consultation, please do enter at the 'Check Point' on the prescribed 'Check Slip'. While taking out this issued document, please get it verified by “Check Point “staff / strike off the entry made by you.
· When reader carrying personal Books / accessories / Laptops inside the library, please do enter at the prescribed form at Check Point and get it verified by Check Point Staff while taking in and out from library.
· All readers advised to check and carry your belongings like Laptop, personal books etc while leaving the library. The Library will not be responsible for the loss of personal items or left behind by readers in library
· No material from the Library should be taken out without proper issue/ recording. Any type of violation may lead to a disciplinary action.
· If any reader found taking book out from library without following formal procedure, with intention/ by mistake will be considered as unauthorized act, s/he will penalized as per library disciplinary procedure.
· Information Kiosks placed in each floor is meant only for searching / browsing of books available in library catalogue. Users are advised to use these Kiosks only for Online Library Catalogue but not for Internet surfing.
· All the users will present themselves in “Q” for a Check at the 'Check Point' while going out of the library to ensure that they take out only checked out documents from the library.
· The borrowing facility can be restricted or suspended in case of misbehaviour or misuse of the Library facilities/materials
· Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
· Borrowers, faculty, staff going on the leave with or without salary, deputation, study leave will have to return all borrowed material before leaving Chandigarh.
· On loss of library Book, the matter has to be reported to the Librarian immediately.
· On loss of ID card/ Library membership Card has to be reported to the Librarian immediately.
· Borrowers are advised not to issue Books to others on their names / Card. Membership card is not transferrable.
· Reference Documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Theses, Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out.
· All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off / keep on silent mode in the Library.
· Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. Therefore, all are requested to maintain dignified silence. If discussion is necessary, the Group Study rooms should be utilized for the same.
· Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
· Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library. However Coffee / Tea are permitted only in ground floor.
· New papers displayed in ground floor are advised to read only in ground floor reading area. It is not allowed to carry Newspapers to the upstairs.
· No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Librarian. She/he is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached.
· Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
· Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
· The Librarian reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
· Demand and suggestion slips are available at the circulation desk for your use.
· Feed Back forms are available at circulation counter.
Cautions on using Online Resources:
The Library subscribes to high impact factor online journals and databases which contain full text articles by renowned publishers. The library is also a member of the e-Shodsindhu Consortium, IISER Library Conosrtium and UGC-Infonet consortium through which access is provided to many e-journals. Since access is IP based, readers can access to these e-resources using the campus wide network. However users advised against the following which causes blocking access to entire Community.
Please be aware that systematic downloading will result in the publisher’s blockingof access to the entire community.
The Library will normally communicate with members via Institute email address. Communications from the Library include announcements, circulars and document supply. Members are therefore requested to check their emails regularly.
The Library serves primarily the IISER Mohali community. However, visitors from other academic and research institutions, Government officials, prominent personalities from local are welcome to use the collection and services of the Library for a short duration. No borrowing facility is available to Visitors. Advance intimation about the visit will be appreciated.
Readers from CRICK Institutions can use library by producing copy of official (Institute’s) I-Card. Readers from Academic and Research Institutes (other than CRICK), have to produce a letter from Head of Institute / HoD on Organization’s letter head with purpose of the visit to library. If any reader other than Institutes mentioned above want visit library, prior permission is needed. So write an Email: email@example.com with purpose of visit for necessary action / permission.